Terms and Conditions
Hey, we get it. Nobody likes the words “Terms and Conditions”; but they are important as they govern your booking with Dwel. We’ve tried to make it a bit less daunting so please be sure you take a moment to read and understand them. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us via email – firstname.lastname@example.org or phone – 1-800-657-3935.
By booking with Dwel, the guest acknowledges that they have read, understand and agree to honor the following Terms and Conditions:
Use and Occupancy
1) Guest agrees and represents that their use and occupancy of the apartment or accommodation is considered to be of a transient nature and that the apartment or accommodation is not nor intended to be a permanent residence.
2) Guest’s use and occupancy of the apartment or accommodation shall not create any landlord/tenant relationship. The rental agreement is not a lease and is not intended to convey to the guest any real property interest in or to the apartment or accommodation.
3) Guest shall not sublet nor assign any part of the apartment or accommodation. This includes sites such as Airbnb, Home Suite, VRBO, Home Away etc. Violation of this clause subjects guest to any and all applicable fines and eviction.
4) Guest agrees to take good care of the apartment or accommodation, the property and furnishings.
5) Guest agrees not perform any hazardous, offensive or unlawful activity while in the apartment or accommodation to include any common areas of the property.
6) Guest agrees to honor all house rules and regulations of the property where the apartment or accommodation is located.
7) All Dwel apartments are 100% non-smoking. Smoking is not allowed in the apartment to include any balconies or on the property to include common areas and garage. Violation of this policy will result in a $500 fine and could lead to possible eviction.
8) Dwel may enter the apartment or accommodation to inspect, repair and/or maintain the unit and agrees to give advance notice whenever possible.
9) Guest accepts and assumes all responsibility for any/all damages or losses incurred. This includes, but is not limited to guest’s personal property and to any property, housewares, furnishings and other items provided by Dwel. The cost of cleaning (above normal wear and tear) and repairs will be charged to guest.
10) Guest is responsible for the actual replacement costs for any lost or damaged keys, fobs, remotes or passes provided.
Notice to Vacate, Extensions, Cancelations
11) After the term of the reservation has begun, guest is responsible for the entire term of the agreement and must provide Dwel with a notice to vacate as follows:
- Stays of 30 days and greater. Unless otherwise agreed, guest will provide a 30-day notice of departure. Agreement will automatically renew on a month-to-month basis until a 30-day notice is received.
- Stays of less than 30 days. Notice to vacate is automatically given at time of rental.
12) Any extension of the departure date is subject to availability and approval by Dwel.
13) Upon completion of the initial term or at any time on a month-to-month basis, Dwel reserves the right to increase the rate and agrees to provide the guest with appropriate notice.
14) If guest remains in possession of the apartment after the expiration of stated term without consent of Dwel, Dwel may collect rent from the guest in an amount equal to 1.5 times the prior rent, prorated on a daily basis for each day guest remains in possession.
15) Any reservation that is cancelled after confirmation and acceptance; but prior to occupancy is subject to a cancellation notice and fees as follows:
- Reservations of 30 nights or less: 14-day notice required. 50% of total reservation cost if cancelled within 14 days of arrival.
- Reservations of 31 + nights: 21-day notice required. 75% of total reservation cost if cancelled within 21 days of arrival.
16) If Dwel has secured an underlying lease for a specific apartment or accommodation at the request of or in conjunction with the guest’s reservation and the lease is not terminable, then the guest or responsible party shall pay for the penalty and/or the lease rate until the lease expires.
Rates, Fees, Billing
17) Rate charges, taxes and any applicable fees are due and payable in full in advance. All payments are to be made to Dwel Serviced Residences, Inc. Payment via credit card may be subject to an additional processing fee.
18) Taxes vary by length of stay and jurisdiction. These may include applicable sales and use tax, lodging tax and hotel tax. Dwel will disclose all applicable tax rates at time of booking.
19) Dwel reserves the right to charge a late fee of 2% on invoices overdue by 30 days or more. Guest is responsible for any collection and/or attorney’s fees incurred to collect overdue amounts.
20) Pets are permitted in certain properties but there may be limits and exclusions based on weight and breed. Aggressive breed dogs are not permitted. Guest must disclose and Dwel must approve, in advance, any pet that will be in the apartment or accommodation. Pet fees vary by property and will include a non-refundable pet deposit plus an additional pet rent amount. Dwel will disclose all pet fees prior to booking.
Hold Harmless and Attorney’s Fees
21) Guest assumes all risk of loss or damage to property or injury to any person arising out of guest’s occupancy of the apartment, and guest hereby waives all claims against Dwel in respect thereto. Guest shall indemnify, protect and defend Lessor against and hold Dwel free and harmless from any and all claims and liabilities arising out of guest’s use or occupancy of the apartment or any activity engaged in or use remade by others of the apartment during the term of the agreement.
22) If any legal action or other proceeding is brought for the enforcement of the agreement, or because of an alleged dispute, breach, default, or misrepresentation in connection with any of the provisions of the agreement, the successful or prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorneys' fees and other costs incurred m that action or proceeding, in addition to any other fees to which it may be entitled.